Youth & Family Discipleship Coordinator
Company: The Salvation Army USA Central Territory
Posted on: November 20, 2023
The Salvation Army's Wisconsin and Upper Michigan Division is
located in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. The division is home to 26 Worship
and Community Centers (Corps), 67 service extension units, a camp,
as well as multiple homeless shelters, thrift stores and food
pantries. Service extension units are branches of The Salvation
Army in communities where Corps are not located but service is
provided by committees of volunteers. As a whole, our organization
is made up of thousands of officers, soldiers, adherents,
employees, volunteers and other individuals all working together to
bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all people, as well as working
to meet the physical needs of those less fortunate. The Salvation
Army Wisconsin and Upper Michigan Division is the administrative
unit which provides services to people in need in Wisconsin and
Upper Michigan. We are an organization dedicated to Doing the Most
Good in your community! Apply now!
The Youth & Family Discipleship Coordinator will enhance the
effectiveness of all youth & family spiritual developmental
activities & initiatives in the Wisconsin and Upper Michigan
Division. This will be accomplished through outreach, discipleship
& leadership development.
- Provide direction, administration, support & resourcing for all
discipleship programs & initiatives in the Wisconsin & Upper
Michigan Division, through intentional discipleship. Areas included
but not limited to:
- Youth & Family Discipleship
- Corps Cadets
- Sunday School/Small Groups
- Junior Soldiers
- Candidates' for Officership & Full-Time Ministry
- Spiritual Formation
- Engage consistently with discipleship leaders through
intentional touchpoints, conducting visits & digital
- Coordinate the recruitment & development of discipleship
leaders. Facilitating area specific trainings for current &
- Assist in the planning, implementation & leadership of Youth
Department events, programs & initiatives (e.g. Summer Camp, Youth
- Provide analysis, recommendations, strategic support to
Units/DHQ/THQ for the proposal and implementation of new
discipleship programs & initiatives.
- Provide leadership to divisional discipleship committees &
groups (camp leader groups, Corps Cadet Leader Committee,
- Assist with events and processes that are used in the
recruitment, development & processing of Candidates for Officership
and those seeking full time ministry in The Salvation
- Support, promote, network & represent the Wisconsin & Upper
Michigan Division for Territorial/Divisional events & committees,
as directed by the DYCS.
- Working with various departments to facilitate Milwaukee Area
Command needs for seasonal endeavors (e.g. provide an object lesson
at an event, resource for community Job Description Page 2 of 3
center Christmas family night, etc.).
- Facilitate & encourage networking between greater Milwaukee
stakeholders and Salvation Army Personnel (e.g. local spiritual
formation leaders, 730 event location workers, etc.).
- Working with the development department, assist in the
cultivation & solicitation of discipleship program funding sources
(e.g. grant scope work, presentation to civics groups, donor
- Manage & Maintain outreach related resources including but not
limited to: BOLD 2.0, LABS, Orange, Discipleship resources
- Assistant department lead for Corps Management System
- Maintain & organizes all area specific record, correspondence,
files & databases (e.g. CMS CC, College member mailing lists
- Assist in content & resource development as requested (e.g.
curriculum building, lent worship outlines, graphic art
- Coordinating with various departments, distribute related
information & material from THQ/DHQ to area specific interests
(e.g. Corps Cadet Retreat Dates, 730 deadline applications
- Assisting in maintaining digital engagement providing
up-to-date area specific content (e.g. 730 story board style post,
posts content etc.)
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Christian Education or related
Experience: 4 years of experience in Christian Education or Youth
- OR -
Any equivalent combination of training and experience which
provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Certifications: Valid Wisconsin driver's license with clearance to
drive from TSA insurance. Valid U. S. passport with clearance for
international travel helpful.
Ecumenical: Must be a Christian and be or become a Uniform wearing
Salvationist in good standing, within 120 days of employment.
Keywords: The Salvation Army USA Central Territory, Milwaukee , Youth & Family Discipleship Coordinator, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!