Production Chemist II, 2nd shift - multiple openings
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: October 15, 2020
Production Chemist II - 2nd Shift
Join our team in Milwaukee, WI. We are expanding this site to
provide R&D, manufacturing and operations support for catalog
and custom TheraPure components.
Biosciences Division / Milwaukee, WI
2nd Shift Hours: M-F 2:00PM 10:30PM
You will be paid a 10% shift different while working this
When youre part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, youll do
important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer,
protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your
work will have real-world impact, and youll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
What impact will you make?
The Production Chemist II will perform manufacturing processes in
the chemistry area, or related field, following established
procedures, without supervision, while meeting/exceeding
requirements for product quality, on-time delivery, and cost,
following all applicable safety and regulatory requirements.
Concurrently, continually evaluate processes for potential
improvements, propose and execute improvements.
What will you do?
- Plan and execute the manufacturing batches following standard
- Maintaining accurate records for all work according to ISO
and/or other applicable standards
- Evaluate need for improvement in documentation, and implement
improvement, when needed
- Maintaining laboratories, supplies, and lab equipment according
to procedure. In addition, ensure equipment is calibrated and
repaired as required
- Provide training for less experienced associates and act as
role model in implementation and improvement of standard safety
- Remain technically competent by keeping current with
developments within industry and Provide technical expertise to
interdepartmental and project teams.
- Assist with development of new processes, scale-up and test
- Support and actively participates in the continuous improvement
- The Production Chemist II will need to carry out any other
duties apparent or assigned
How will you get here?
Education: BS degree in Science (BS degree in Chemistry or
Biochemistry is preferred) or equivalent Manufacturing Industry
- A minimum of two plus years of demonstrated organic chemistry
laboratory experience with large scale manufacturing
- Hands-on experience in analytical instrumentation and kilogram
scale chemical production equipment. Comfortable in handling
potentially hazardous/bio-hazardous substances
- Basic mathematical skills (including knowledge in use of the
metric system, conversions, and calculations)
- Ability to read, follow, and write work instructions. Ability
to convey pertinent written and verbal information
- Ability in the use of electronic systems (Computer etc.) and MS
office (word, excel) knowledge
- Must be available to work overtime, including weekends as
production schedule warrants
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to walk, sit, stoop, stand, bend, kneel, crouch
and crawl. Also use hands to finger, handle, manipulate, or feel
objects, tools, and controls
- The employee frequently lifts and/or move 50 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with
- Specific vision abilities required for this position include
close vision, distant vision, depth perception and the ability to
adjust focus and differentiate between basic colors.
- Must understand and comply with RCRA Standards by successfully
completing initial training for Hazardous Waste Handling within 90
days of date of hire, comply with standards, and annual
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary
minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier,
cleaner and safer.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Milwaukee , Production Chemist II, 2nd shift - multiple openings, Professions , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!