International Logistics Specialist
Company: Badger Meter
Posted on: October 16, 2020
WHY BADGER METER?
ARE YOU LOOKING TO JOIN A DYNAMIC TEAM WHERE YOU HAVE THE AUTONOMY
AND CHALLENGE THAT LETS YOU LEARN AND GROW YOUR CAREER? ARE YOU
ENERGIZED WHEN YOU KNOW THAT YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS MATTER AND MAKE A
DIFFERENCE IN BUSINESS SUCCESS? IF YES, THEN BADGER METER MAY BE A
GREAT PLACE FOR YOU!
FOR MORE THAN 115 YEARS, BADGER METER HAS PROVIDED STRONG, STABLE
FINANCIAL GROWTH, IN TURN PROVIDING EMPLOYEES WITH THE OPPORTUNITY
TO BUILD LONG, SUCCESSFUL CAREERS. AS A LEADING MANUFACTURER OF
FLOW MEASUREMENT TECHNOLOGY, BADGER METER OFFERS MANY OPPORTUNITIES
TO MEASURE WHAT MATTERS IN PROTECTING THE WORLD S WATER AND OTHER
PRECIOUS RESOURCES. OUR COMPANY IS LARGE ENOUGH TO CONTINUALLY
DRIVE MARKET INNOVATION, ALL WHILE WE MAINTAIN A COLLABORATIVE AND
FLEXIBLE WORKING ATMOSPHERE.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
Under the direction of the Import/Export Compliance Supervisor,
this position is responsible for supporting the daily transactional
activities that relate to supporting BMI s Import/Export Logistics
and Compliance program. Areas of support include international
logistics initiatives, which include the areas of international
logistics/freight operations, recordkeeping, and freight quotes.
This involves working closely with all Badger Meter, Inc sites and
freight forwarders to ensure compliance with various corporate and
government regulations and requirements (such as Census, EAR, DOT,
IATA, IMDG, ICAO and others) and BMI corporate policies.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
* Preparing and managing all aspects of export order fulfilment
including generation of export documentation (Packing List,
Commercial Invoice, Shipper s Letter of Instruction, etc.)
* Processing export orders in ShipLinx software (Customer Orders
and Shipping Orders), filing AES/EEI declarations in ACE or
declaration of appropriate AES/EEI exemption on export
* Assisting internal and external customers with international
logistics related questions.
* Managing import freight operations as necessary.
* Demonstrating systems navigation and data mining with tools while
managing relationships with cross-functional team members.
* Ensuring recordkeeping is compliant with guidelines set forth by
various government agencies and BMI corporate policy.
* Soliciting international freight quotes and securing booking
arrangements with carriers and freight forwarders.
* Assist in the development of systems, procedures, and work
instructions for export shipment processing with a focus on
continuous process improvement.
* Additional projects, tasks, and/or assignments as assigned.
* 1+ year of relevant experience in Import/Export
* Must be willing to work in Racine and Milwaukee locations (*Due
to COVID, may involve temporary remote work)
* Associate's or Bachelor s degree preferred
* Export/Logistics Certifications (Hazardous Materials/Dangerous
goods, 49CFR. IATA. IMDG. CGBP. CES. etc.) preferred
* Intermediate Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
* Ability to work within a team and with minimal supervision
* Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask, prioritize and be
* Solid communication (written and verbal) and organizational
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Applicants can learn more about their rights regarding equal
opportunity in employment by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law"
poster and the EEO is the Law poster supplement at
Badger Meter is an equal opportunity employer. This company
considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
Keywords: Badger Meter, Milwaukee , International Logistics Specialist, Professions , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!