Project Architect l Lab Planner
Company: HGA Architects & Engineers
Posted on: October 18, 2020
OverviewHGA is an award winning, interdisciplinary design firm
with architects, engineers, planners, lighting designers, landscape
architects, and interior designers working together to create
holistic designs for healthcare, the arts, community, education,
corporations, government and district/campus energy clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Project Architect
with Lab Planning experience to join our Public I Corporate
practice group, working out of our Milwaukee office on a variety of
projects. This position requires excellent communication and people
skills as you will work closely with the Principals, Project
Managers and Designers while assuming leadership for architectural
lab programming and planning experience for corporate research and
government clients, facilities, teaching, vivarium, and STEM
facilities for academic clients.Responsibilities
- Develops a thorough understanding of projects' design
philosophy and provides major input in developing a design and
building performance strategy (for lab, high-tech and public
corporate facilities) and effectively conveys this to assigned team
members when appropriate.
- Provides technical design input, including space programs and
physical plans at a variety of scales. Responsible for a project's
technical design effort, subsequent detailed design development,
project coordination and quality control efforts during all phases
of project work, in close collaboration with Senior
- Collaborate with the project team in planning facilities by
developing flexible planning grids, lab organization diagram and
service distribution concepts.
- Contributes to the preparation of design documents and leads
the detailed development of construction documents during all
project phases, delivering complete, accurate and coordinated
project documentation. Lead the documentation of laboratory systems
such as casework, lab equipment, and development of laboratory
spaces to create next generation settings for discovery.
- Advances the production of schematic, design development and
construction documents drawings and specifications in compliance
with project scope, schedule, cost and design intent.
- Maintains awareness of evolving building technology and
- Reviews shop drawings, material samples and CD's for
conformance with design.
- Performs construction administration duties (e.g. RFI's, RFP's,
change orders, etc.)
- Prepares reports and specifications; reviews completed reports,
plans, cost estimates and calculations.
- Executes applicable agency review analysis (accessibility,
zoning, life-safety, etc.)
- Maintains contact with clients, consultants and contractors
during all project phases, participating in marketing, client and
owner presentations as required.
- Utilize expertise and shares knowledge with colleagues and
mentor junior staff members on lab programming and planning.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture; Master's degree
- Laboratory design certification preferred
- Architectural registration I licensure preferred
- LEED AP preferred. Committed to the principals of sustainable
design and resilient communities, able to demonstrate this
commitment in a portfolio of work preferred
- 7-10 years minimum experience on medium to large scale projects
- Knowledge of laboratory planning, design, construction
documents, construction administration, and project construction
cost control for lab facilities
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing clients, project teams
and project processes
- Ability to travel to and from project sites for attending
client, project and construction meetings.
- Proficiency in Revit, SketchUp and other industry accepted
software as well as expertise with project management software and
Microsoft Office Suite products is needed
Keywords: HGA Architects & Engineers, Milwaukee , Project Architect l Lab Planner, Professions , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!