IT Business Analyst - ERP CRM
Posted on: February 23, 2021
It's an exciting time to be a part of SunSource, and we are a
growing company seeking a highly talented and passionate IT
Business Analyst in support of Price Engineering's business
operations and will office in our Hartland, Wisconsin office. This
position will work closely with business and technology leaders as
both an analyst and business liaison to understand business
objectives, identify project opportunities, gather project
requirements, and lead project execution and implementation efforts
that create enterprise value, optimize our cost structure, ensure
process efficiency, optimize user productivity and reduce our risk.
As an IT Business Analyst, you will analyze business processes to
enhance the ERP solutions for all business units and branch
operations. You will oversee identifying, documenting, and
analyzing the user's business/functional requirements and business
processes to identify and recommend appropriate solution options.
Such options might include ERP system configuration and/or
customization. Business solutions may involve the implementation or
development of third-party and home-grown applications. This role
will work with the development team to implement these solutions
and act as a liaison between IT & the end-user/client group.
Effective and timely communications are essential. Additionally,
when implementation occurs, this role is responsible for process
development, ensuring appropriate testing and hands-on user
training to new user groups prior to go-live. The successful
candidate must be a good communicator, able to forge alliances with
business leaders, juggle multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
As a member of the IT Team, the role contributes to the business
applications team and may support efforts across SunSource
strategic business units (SBUs) and will report into the UDG CIO.
- Develops and produces high quality requirement specifications
and develop functional designs.
- Work with end users and members of the IT team to validate
- Act as a source of direction, training, and guidance for less
- Write and execute thorough functional test plans to ensure that
system changes are working properly, existing processes remain
unaffected and the needs of the users are met.
- Support operational reporting requirements for the business
using Excel, WebQuery, and/or SQL or similar tools.
- Demonstrates an understanding of ERP system tools and how to
resolve technical issues with those tools.
- Trains internal users, support personnel, conversion teams
and/or external customers on ERP system implementations, changes
and/or new procedures.
- Provides new and innovative alternative solutions to ERP system
and application challenges.
- Serves as administrator of customer relationship management
(CRM) application Tour de Force.
- Assists in identifying external and internal customer problems
- Effectively handles demanding or upset customers.
- Serves as a functional resource for others. Performs other
related duties as assigned. Key Competencies: Accountability:
Demonstrates an understanding of the link between one's own job
responsibilities and overall organizational goals and needs, and
performs one's job with the broader goals in mind. Collaborative
Leadership: Promotes and generates cooperation among one's peers in
leadership to achieve a collective outcome; fosters the development
of a common vision and fully participates in creating a unified
leadership team that results. Planning and Organizing: Establishes
a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure
accomplishment of a specific objective. Sets priorities, goals and
timetables to achieve maximum productivity. Self-starter with
excellent organization, administrative, interpersonal skills and
project management Organizational Understanding: Understands the
agendas and perspectives of others, recognizing and effectively
balancing the interests and needs of one's own group with those of
the broader organization. Ability to interact cross-functionally
with a wide variety of IT and business stakeholders Training: Works
to improve and reinforce performance of others. Facilitates their
skill development by providing clear instruction/guidance based on
best practices and in line with organizational standards in a
manner that builds user competencies. Communication: Creates an
atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows
smoothly both up and down the organization, inside the
organization; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions.
Excellent communication, presentation, and relationship skills,
especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics and
build consensus among business and technical constituents Job
- High School Diploma or GED is required, Bachelor's degree in a
related field is strongly preferred
- 3+ years' experience in a Business Analyst role, with focus on
ERP system implementations and customizations strongly
- 3+ years' experience in an industrial distribution or
manufacturing environment is strongly preferred
- Experience with P21 (highly desired), SAP, Oracle, Infor or
- Experience in developing detailed business requirements/needs
- Experience with application development methodologies Agile
and/or Waterfall preferred
- Strong Excel and/or MS SQL Query capabilities
- Proven success in ERP implementations, upgrades, maintenance
- Knowledge of business process flows in an ERP system is
- Knowledge of ERP system configuration and security is
- After hours availability and travel are occasionally required
Note: This position is on-site and does not offer remote work
arrangements We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status. WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY
Keywords: SunSource, Milwaukee , IT Business Analyst - ERP CRM, Professions , Hartland, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!