Actuarial Analyst [Remote]
Location: New Berlin
Posted on: November 22, 2021
We make good things happen by recognizing and rewarding people for
taking the high road. How? By reinventing insurance that celebrates
people's mindful choices.
Insurance was fundamentally a brilliant idea, but it always had a
key challenge - it couldn't identify and acknowledge the positive
decisions that individuals made along the way. But when we apply
smart mobile technologies, we can. And that's what we do. We help
our customers save on their monthly bill. But more importantly,
they join a growing movement of people who dare to live more
mindfully because doing so is simply better for everyone.
We're a well-funded, talent dense team of people who care about
using our skills to do good. From data science, to design,
engineering, insurance, product, research, user experience and
beyond - we believe in people who believe they can make the world
even better. Join us, and let's build the higher path that is
BlueOwl is looking for an experienced Actuarial Pricing Analyst to
join our pricing group. As a pricing analyst, you will be
partnering closely with the data science and actuarial team to fine
tune and innovate our existing models to better match price to
risks. You will be collaborating with the Director of Pricing to
set pricing strategy and develop rating templates.
We are looking for someone who is excited by the prospect of doing
the impossible and scaling a new insurance model at extraordinary
speed. The right candidate will have an understanding of the
insurance pricing principles, expertise in python programming
language and be able to think differently to create value and
capitalize on unrealized opportunities in the market. This is an
unique opportunity to help launch pricing models for a brand that
is likely to quickly gain a lot of national and global
* You are self motivated and persistent to seek answers in a
fast-paced startup environment
* You have expertise in insurance pricing, data manipulation, and
* You are motivated to automate manual processes and develop tools
for efficiency gains
* You are comfortable reaching out and managing relationships with
other stakeholders, business partners and regulators.
* You have excellent written and oral communication skills,
including understanding stakeholder needs and communicating
effectively to your audience.
* You are detail oriented.
* Leverage Python programming language to automate existing pricing
and filing solutions, as well as support development of new pricing
tools and processes.
* Analyze ratemaking and customer data to provide rating insights
and make recommendations on rates. We have access to insurance data
for a large portion of US drivers for modeling and analytics
* Work with multiple stakeholders to gather rate and rule
requirements that are needed to support launching our product into
a new state market.
* Collaborate with the Pricing team to review the pricing and
telematics models, design templates for product coverage offering
and rate structures, and develop tools for rating examples.
* Review filing requirements and prepare filings for regulatory
authorities; this includes actuarial memo, indication, and modeling
related supporting exhibits.
Skills & Background:
* BS/BA in Math, Statistics, Economics or similar
* Experience in ratemaking and rate filing
* 2+ Actuarial exams preferred
* Proficient in Python (pandas, numpy and matplotlib), SQL and
* Good understanding of relational databases and developing tabular
* You have solid P&C experience and have had experience
automating existing solutions
* Ability to apply analytical and statistical concepts to interpret
* Salary: We pay competitive salaries factoring in experience,
skill set, and location. We do not offer equity.
* We provide a wide-selection of health and welfare benefits
including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and supplemental
income plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan with a company match.
* Wellness and Time Off: We provide Headspace subscriptions, a
wellness allowance, and generous time off including four weeks of
PTO in the first year of employment with additional time granted
upon hire. New parents may also take eight weeks of fully paid
parental leave (plus four weeks for parents who give birth) which
may be taken within one year after the birth and/or the adoption of
* Professional learning and growth: We provide a generous allowance
each year for professional learning, continuing education, and
* Location: May work from anywhere in the US, but will need to be
actively available during core meeting hours from 9:00AM - 3:00PM
pacific time to collaborate with team members across all time
* Some travel may be required after the San Francisco office
* Candidates based in the SF Bay Area will be able to commute to
the SF office for in-person meetings and other gatherings.
This role is employed by BlueOwl, LLC. BlueOwl, LLC is a separate
company in the State Farm family of companies and is the solutions
provider for the HiRoad Assurance Company.
Keywords: HiRoad, Milwaukee , Actuarial Analyst [Remote], Professions , New Berlin, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!