Production Chemist I, 3rd Shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Join our team in Milwaukee, WI. We are expanding this site to
provide R&D, manufacturing and operations support for catalog
and custom TheraPure components.
Biosciences Division / Milwaukee, WI, 3rd Shift Hours: M-F 10:00PM
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving
science, with annual revenue exceeding $35 billion. Our Mission is
to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and
safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences
research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient
diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their
laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more
than 90,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of
innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical
services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo
Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific,
Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit
What will you do?
- Maintain physical and/or electronic inventory of materials and
time usage in MRP system
- Maintain labs, supplies and equipment (including calibration
and repair), following established procedure, ISO and/or applicable
- Assist and execute the manufacturing batches following standard
- Suggest improvements to documentation, safety practices and
- Remain technically competent by keeping current with
developments within the industry
- Supports the continuous improvement processes.
- The individual will need to carry out any other duties apparent
or assigned How will you get here?Education:
- BS degree in Science (BS degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry is
preferred) or equivalent experience in MFG industry.Experience:
- 1+ plus year experience in MFG industry.
- Basic laboratory skills pertinent to the production area.
Comfortable in handling chemicals, solvents, and potentially
- Basic mathematical skills (including knowledge in use of the
metric system, conversions, and calculations)
- Ability to read, follow, and write work instructions. Ability
to convey pertinent written and verbal information
- Ability in the use of electronic systems (computer etc.) and MS
office (word, excel) knowledge
- Must be available to work overtime, including weekends as
production schedule warrants Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to walk, sit, stoop, stand, bend, kneel, crouch
and crawl. Also use hands to finger, handle, manipulate, or feel
objects, tools, and controls
- The employee frequently lifts and/or move 50 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with
- Specific vision abilities required for this position include
close vision, distant vision, depth perception and the ability to
adjust focus and differentiate between basic colors.
- Must understand and comply with RCRA Standards by successfully
completing initial training for Hazardous Waste Handling within 90
days of date of hire, comply with standards, and annual training.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary
minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner and safer.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Milwaukee , Production Chemist I, 3rd Shift, Professions , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!