Eating Disorder Technician - Part Time
Company: Center For Discovery
Posted on: January 16, 2022
At Center for Discovery you will have the opportunity to work
closely within a team of professionals consisting of eating
disorders experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and
healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total
client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career
growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an
individualized growth plan which will help you develop your
professional skills and career objectives.
If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth,
celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution,
youve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is
our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
Eating Disorder Technician 1 (ED Tech 1) is responsible for
assisting and supporting patients through the entire treatment
experience from admission through discharge. ED Tech 1 is
responsible for contributing insightful, practical, and meaningful
information to the treatment planning process. ED Tech 1
responsibilities primarily include ensuring patient safety,
providing milieu interventions, leading psychoeducational groups,
and supporting patients.
Essential Job Functions
- Supports patient during admission processes. This may include
checking in patient belongings, acclimating patient to the program
- Effectively and professionally communicates with families/loved
ones, as appropriate.
- Completes relevant tasks within 24 hours of admission and
accompanying notes in medical record.
- Assists and supports patients in day to day activities
including, but not limited to: waking routines, morning hygiene,
meals, nighttime routine, evening hygiene, bathroom observations,
and free time.
- Able to effectively and professionally establish rapport with
- Provides milieu management throughout the treatment experience
and communicates with all team members.
- Assists in the implementation of the comprehensive treatment
plan in the milieu.
- Contributes to the well-being of all patients by serving as a
positive role model.
- Engages in brief check ins wherein patients are provided with
support and guidance in using coping skills.
- Responsible for facilitating psychoeducational groups for the
expected length of time identified in the program schedule.
- Supervises and supports patients on community outings.
- Objectively and accurately documents patient progress on a
- Assists with discharge process.
- Maintains an organized and safe environment.
- Makes timely requests for any absences and ensures coverage for
any scheduled shift.
- Required to check company provided email on every shift.
- Completes all shift notes, group notes, and other required
documentation by the end of shift.
- Performs any other assigned and/or requested duties.
- Participates in technician on-call rotation three to four
weekends per year. Qualifications
- One year of experience in mental health treatment or a
- Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90 days of
- Obtain ServSafe certification within 90 day of hire
- Must possess a current drivers license and be in good
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at
Keywords: Center For Discovery, Milwaukee , Eating Disorder Technician - Part Time, Professions , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!