Administrative/ Logistics Assistant - All Shifts
Company: General Pet Supply
Posted on: May 16, 2022
General Pet SupplyWork Location: WI - MilwaukeeJob Code:
8577Come be part of a team that strives to be the best, wins
together, and is passionate about pets! General Pet Supply a
division of Central Pet & Garden Company is looking for a Logistics
Coordinator for the Milwaukee, WI location. Full-time employees
enjoy excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending accounts, short-term and long-term disability,
free life insurance, tuition reimbursement, product discounts and
more! You will play an important role in helping the organization
achieve our goals of providing a high level of customer
satisfaction. ROLE SUMMARY Works in our warehouse to provide
support to our transportation and warehouse departments. This
person will c omplete shipments in our system, group, and post
orders/routes, print invoices and truck delivery reports,
coordinate LTL and CCN delivery and pick up. Will c ontact
customers with delivery issues, process delivery paperwork, run
daily reports, and schedule inbound and outbound shipments. Will
also re lease and assign orders using SAP and our warehouse
management system and assist with receiving paperwork. MEASURES OF
- Post, group, and invoice orders in SAP.
- Print invoices, Proof of Delivery reports and Bills of
- Create Containers for Inbound Receipts and reconcile upon
- Prepare Bills of Lading for common carrier shipments.
- Coordinate CCN and LTL shipments
- Set up Inbound and Outbound delivery appointments
- Reconcile Driver trip receipts.
- Inventory and ordering of warehouse supplies (to include
pallets and corrugated materials)
- Track Customer special shipments.
- Input vendor invoices into LaserFische and code to proper GL
- Communicate any delivery issues with customers, customer
service department and Hill's.
- Assist with the review and processing of receiving
- Print license plates for orders as needed.
- Work with buyers on overages and shortages
- Create shipments and release orders in SAP for Milwaukee
- Load and complete orders through SAP and WMS system.
- Regular attendance.
- Onsite presence.
- Responsible for following AIB and GDP requirements while
performing daily operational functions/duties.
- Responsible for following all Food Safety policies and
procedures; including performing daily, weekly, and monthly
cleaning assignments and other related activities as directed.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Related experience a must. This includes previous invoicing and
working with driver paperwork.
- Good knowledge for Freight classifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able
to read, write and speak English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work with people at all
levels of the organization in a professional manner.
- Must be well organized, able to prioritize and handle multiple
- Attention to detail.
- Proven analytical skills and the desire to make things
- Must be proficient in the following applications WMS, EXCEL,
- Must be able to work independently, with minimum of
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random testing throughout
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe
manner. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work overtime on short notice; position requires working until
the job is complete.
- Able to work at a computer and sit for extended periods of time
(3-4 hours). Position also requires frequent walking due to
interaction with all departments and employees.
- Warehouse environment is not 100% dust-free.
- Temperature varies based on weather conditions. Starting Wages
Pay Ranges: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour General Pet Supply is a
division of Central Garden & Pet Co. At Central Garden & Pet
(NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our
lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy
and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people
across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K.,
Mexico, China, and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom
bigger, pets live healthier, and communities grow stronger. We are
united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet
industries---one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time.
Visit our website at www.central.com and www.generalpet.com to
learn more. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
any other characteristic protected by law. PM22PI177203189
Keywords: General Pet Supply, Milwaukee , Administrative/ Logistics Assistant - All Shifts, Professions , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!