Company: Rytec Corporation
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Do you enjoy assembling crates and packaging? Are you proficient in
operating a forklift and a nail gun? Are you self-motivated, driven
and results oriented? If yes, great! Join our team today! SHAPING
THE FUTURE TOGETHER Who are we looking for? A highly motivated and
driven self-starter Shipping and Crating Specialist who can work
well in a team oriented atmosphere. The ideal candidate should have
1-4 years of experience in building crates and working in a
warehouse/shipping environment. Qualified candidates must be able
to use an air nail gun, operate a sit-down forklift and read ruler
measurements accurately to be successful in this role. Shift hours
9:00am - 5:30pm at our Hartford, WI location. What you will be
doing: You will be responsible for packing product into pre-cut
crates for domestic or foreign shipment, verifying shipment for
correct materials and handling instructions, and loading product
and related parts on truck and/or flatbeds. Who we are? Rytec is
North America's leading independent manufacturer of high-speed,
high-performance doors for industrial, commercial, retail auto,
food and beverage, and controlled-temperature environments. The
fundamental vitality and strength of Rytec lies in our associates.
Rytec's culture is rooted in how our associates behave; we care
about our customers and about each other. We provide an environment
enriched with open communications, empowering our associates to be
creative with opportunities. What makes us great
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Earn up to $600 or 2 additional vacation days annually with our
- 401K company match
- $5,000+ annual tuition reimbursement What makes us different?
Together we can make a difference through our Core Values. Every
associate is expected to demonstrate our core values every day at
Rytec. We are looking for individuals with the same values!
Accountability- Be responsible to yourself, business partners and
the community. Respect- Treat others with fairness, professionalism
and dignity. Commitment- Be dedicated to making a difference
through passion, improvement and innovation. Integrity- Create
trust through honest and ethical interactions. Collaboration- Make
a personal commitment to promote teamwork and seek mutual gains in
your relationships. Benefits of joining our team: Medical - 2 plans
- Dental- 2 plans -Vision- 2 plans - Basic Life - AD&D -
Dependent Life - Supplemental Life - Tuition Reimbursement - Paid
time off accrual - Holiday pay - Floating holiday - Community
Involvement paid time off - 401K: Fully vested from day 1 & 100%
employer matching up to 3%% (Fully vested immediately) If you are
ready to join a winning team, apply now! All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, or other
protected status. For consideration, please submit your resume with
salary requirements. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women,
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Shop Supervisor the
Shipping/Crating Specialist is responsible for packing product into
pre-cut crates for domestic or foreign shipment, verifying shipment
for correct materials and handling instructions, and loading
product and related parts on truck and/or flatbeds. ESSENTIAL
- Perform assemblies of crates in a safe and organized fashion
using pneumatic nail guns and staplers.
- Prepare and crate doors and parts orders for shipment per
specifications and requirements. Pull stock components (small
parts, hardware, and weldments).
- Check shipment for correct materials, packing and crating,
tagging and handling instructions.
- Operate forklift to load crates into or on trucks, vans or
flatbeds in a safe fashion.
- Perform general housekeeping practices in and around the
receiving and or storage areas. REQUIRED SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and understand documents such as check lists,
packing slips, manuals and drawings.
- Ability to use tape measure and operate tools such as nail gun,
stapler and air ratchet.
- High attention to detail and excellent organizational
- Ability to prioritize work load and to manage more than one
task at a time.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired;
or two to four years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift 50 - 75 pounds occasionally.
- Squatting, kneeling and standing frequently.
- This position is exposed to dust/dirt frequently and fumes,
vapors and mists occasionally.
- This position is in a manufacturing environment where the noise
level is high. PI191423803
Keywords: Rytec Corporation, Milwaukee , Shipping-Crating Specialist, Professions , Hartford, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!