Installer, Structural Steel
Company: Kee Safety
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Description: Installer - Fall Protection SystemsDo you want to
make a difference and save lives by working with our customers to
protect their employees, their investments, and ensure they follow
safety regulations?Do you enjoying working with your hands? Do you
like to travel?Join the Lighthouse Safety team as our newest
Installer of Fall Protection Systems!What Makes this Job
Awesome?Our Installer is tasked with managing the installation and
inspection process to deliver a finished product with excellence
and providing superior service to the customer at every point. As
an installation and inspection expert, the Lead Installer maintains
vigorous quality control to ensure the highest quality standards.
As the Installer, you get to visit customer sites in a wide array
of unique industries very few get to experience; working hand in
hand with the safety and management professionals at these Fortune
1000 companies to install unique fall protection solutions to
ensure their employees go home safe each day. Job SpecificationThe
installation technician/inspector is tasked with completing the
installation and inspection process to deliver a finished product
with excellence and providing superior service to the customer at
every point. As an installation and inspection expert, the
technician maintains vigorous quality control to ensure the highest
quality standards. Key Responsibilities
- Installation of new or modified fall protection systems at
customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to
- Must work in a safe manner, with zero incidents as the
- Sets up hoisting/rigging equipment for raising and placing
structural steel. Fastens to cable of hoist with chain, cable, or
- Signals workers operating hoisting equipment to lift and place
worker when required.
- Implements controls to abate or minimize safety hazards.
- Must be able to operate various types of Aerial Lifts.
- Must be able to operate Forklifts (boom and mast), Skid Steer
Loaders, and other equipment.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in austere and often
- Must be able to work at heights attained by climbing and use of
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to travel up to 75%. Weekend work might be
- A pre-employment criminal history background check will be
required. Prior convictions will be considered on a case-by-case
basis and will not necessarily disqualify a candidate from
employment at Lighthouse.
- Must be able to drive and operate personal and/or company
vehicles, owned or rented.
- Must be able to read and interpret plans and instructions at an
intermediate level or above.
- Must be able to perform the work without continuous instruction
or sustained direct supervision.
- Must be able to read, understand and complete the forms
required for work.
- Confirm all deliveries are accurate and complete.
- Reviews documentation from customer and field representative
and inspects malfunctioning machines and equipment for accident
prevention devices, and/or damaged product to determine nature and
scope of problem.
- Coordinates with engineering, customer service, and other
personnel to expedite repairs and to ensure correct
- Keeps communication link between customer and the company to
help ensure that effective service is provided to the
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Requirements:
Education, Experience and Skills
- Significant demonstrated leadership and working experience with
a broad knowledge base of general construction.
- Demonstrated construction site experience, especially at
height, working with structural steel and concrete.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to read and speak
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills.Must Meet All
OSHA standards for working at heights, including:
- Ability to climb and utilize equipment on site including
various ladders rated for 325 lbs.
- Must meet OSHA fall protection standards for at height work
limited at 310lbs. Standard 1926.502(d)(16)(v)
- Must be able to meet equipment standards for fall protection
(harness, anchor ropes, etc.) with a maximum capacity of 310
lbs.Special/Particular Requirements (safety, physical, etc.)While
performing the duties of this job, the successful candidate must be
able to work at heights attained by climbing and use of equipment.
This position is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts,
high, precarious places, and outside weather conditions. This
position is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions,
fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme
cold and extreme heat. The employee may be required to lift up to
100 lbs. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical
shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- A passion for safety and providing superior service.
- A self-starter with the ability to work with minimal
- Reliable, responsible, and dependable
- Detail and timeline orientedWho is Lighthouse Safety?Lighthouse
Safety offers several services to help you exceed Fall Protection
standards. We can provide you with an assessment of your fall
hazards and help you pick out the appropriate equipment and Fall
Protection Systems for your jobsite or facility. Our Fall
Protection Specialists offer installation services, ensuring the
equipment you purchased is properly installed. We can also train
your workers and supervisors on how to properly maintain and work
the safety equipment. You can choose to utilize all of our services
or just one to bring your facility up to OSHA standards. What Can
We Offer You?We are proud of our culture. We believe in our
employees and understand that when they are engaged and they are
happy - they will thrive and our business will grow. Our corporate
- A strong, collaborative work environment
- Training, training and more training
- Development programs created to empower our team
- Life-long friendshipsLighthouse Safety provides great benefits:
- 401k plan with company match
- Multiple health plans to choose from, starting at $0 per
- Health Savings AccountJoin our team and grow with us, there is
a world of possibilitiesLighthouse Safety is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Kee Safety, Milwaukee , Installer, Structural Steel, Professions , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!