Company: Government jobs
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Under general supervision of the Manager, Engineering Services,
performs a full range of duties associated with the operation and
maintenance of MATC's electrical systems and equipment including
voice, data, and building automation systems. Work involves
responsibility for the performance of skilled tasks in accordance
with State and National Electrical codes in the installation,
alteration, maintenance and repair of electrical systems,
equipment, and fixtures. Work is performed independently subject to
inspection in progress or completion. Characteristic Duties and
- Constructs, troubleshoots, installs, assembles, alters,
maintains, tests and repairs electrical systems, switches, circuit
breakers, relays, lighting, substations, distribution systems,
motors, appliances and all other types of electrical equipment
including high voltage up to 13,200 volts.
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of
materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid
unsightly, hazardous and unreliable wiring.
- Reads, interprets and works from drawings, plans and
- Schedules repairs of electrical systems and equipment according
to location and urgency of need; performs routine inspections of
electrical systems and equipment; compiles data on repairs;
prepares reports as required or assigned.
- Recommends design, tooling and assembly modifications to
increase efficiency or improve quality of electrical systems or
- Maintains, specifies, and inventories electrical supplies.
- Trains Building Service Workers in the replacement of ballasts
and proper lamping techniques
- Applies for required district electrical permits and maintains
- Researches and compiles outside quotes from collaborating
vendors to work in conjunction with MATC electrical projects.
- Attends in-service training, workshops and other educational
activities as required or assigned to maintain state
- Performs other related duties as required for the efficient
operations of the division.
Compliance with all state, federal, and accreditation
standards/requirements, as well as all MATC policies and
Required education & experience : High school diploma or G.E.D, the
successful completion of a state of WI indentured electrical
apprenticeships & (6) years of experience in relevant field.
Required License/Certification: Must possess a Wisconsin Master
Electrician Certification and valid Wisconsin Driver's License.
Specialty Skills: Must furnish basic tools of the trade normally
provided by journeyman working in the Milwaukee area.
- Cultivates innovation
- Optimizes work processes
- Ensures accountability
- Interpersonal savvy
- Communicates effectively
- Instills trust
- Customer focus
- Action oriented
- Values differences
- CompassionKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials, methods,
and practices in the electrical trade.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of a personal computer,
computer applications and software such as Microsoft Office Suite
including Word and Excel.
- Considerable knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety
precautions of the trade and of established local building
- Demonstrated knowledge of established state, national, and
local electrical codes.
- Work experience with numerous variations of electrical systems
up to and including medium voltage distribution systems
- Working knowledge of best practices in the maintenance of
medium voltage distribution systems.
- Working knowledge of electrical test equipment.
- Skill in the use and care of tools and equipment of the
- Ability to collaborate with contractors direct the work of
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
including the ability to read, interpret and work from drawings or
- Ability to recognize safety hazards.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability create reports and record duties performed.
- Ability to communicate effectively through both oral and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with MATC staff, faculty, students and the general
- Ability to work with culturally diverse student and employee
- MATC offers a choice between two medical insurance plans. See
below for plan types:
- Low Deductible PPO
- High Deductible PPO
- Upon selection, the coverage begins the first of the month
following start date.
- MATC contributes a generous percentage towards medical
- Both medical plans include prescription drug coverage at no
additional cost to employees.
- Employees are offered an option to enroll in a Health Care
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with the selection of the Low
Deductible PPO plan.
- Employees are offered an option to enroll in a Health Savings
Account (HSA) with the selection of the High Deductible PPO plan
with employer contributions.
- MATC offers a group dental plan through Delta Dental.
- Upon selection, the dental insurance plan coverage begins the
first of the month following start date.
- Annual maximum per covered person is $2,500; plan covers
preventive, routine, restoration, and has an orthodontic benefit
for dependents up to age 19.
- MATC offers a group vision plan through Superior Vision..Upon
selection, the vision insurance plan coverage begins the first of
the month following start date.
- Plan covers eye exam, frames, lenses and contact lenses.
Group Life Insurance
- MATC offers group term life insurance benefits through Madison
National Life Insurance Company effective the first of the month of
start date and is fully paid for by the College. The amount of
insurance is based upon the employee's annual earnings rounded to
the higher $1,000.00. The benefit is doubled in the event of
- Supplemental Life Insurance is also available at group rates
for employees, spouses, and dependents to purchase.
- MATC offers long-term disability insurance through Madison
National Life Company after 30 days of employment and is fully paid
for by the College. Benefits provided are equal to 66 2/3% of base
Flexible Spending Accounts
- MATC offers two types of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA):
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- This type of benefit allows employees to set aside pre-tax
dollars per calendar year for a variety of medical, dental, and
vision expenses (for a Health Care FSA) and for day care expenses
for children under 13 or family members that are dependent on you
for more than half their support (for a Dependent Care FSA) up to a
- Regular full-time employees of MATC who are hired for greater
than 12 months become members of the Wisconsin Retirement System
(WRS)'s pension system as of day one of employment. The College
pays the full cost of the employer contribution, and the employee
pays the full part of the employee contribution. There is a five
year vesting period requirement in order to qualify for any
employer contributions made on the employee's behalf. Contribution
rates are subject to change annually as set by the State.
- In addition to the WRS pension account, employees may enroll in
other optional retirement savings plan such as a 403(b) account or
a 457 account on a pre-tax or post-tax basis.
- MATC offers employees a generous sick leave plan per year.
- Each employee may accumulate up to 165 days of full sick leave
with an unlimited accumulation of half pay sick leave.
- MATC offers a vacation policy to employees for the purpose of
rest and relaxation.
- Vacation is earned at a generous rate each year of employment.
(Not available for Instructors)
Paid & Flexible (Floating) Holidays
- MATC offers 12 paid holidays for non-Faculty positions and 7
paid holidays for Faculty positions.
- MATC provides two flexible (floating) holidays per employee per
year. (Not available for Instructors).
- Employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement and waiver
after completing probationary period.
- Amount allowed per fiscal year is 18 credits at MATC or $1,400
at other accredited institutions.
01 (INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY) Please list all positions previously
and currently held at the college. (External applicants type
02 (INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY) Please specifically describe how your
previous or current duties/experience relates to this position.
(External candidates type N/A)
03 Do you possess a Wisconsin Master Electrician Certification and
valid Wisconsin Driver's License?
04 Have you successfully completed a state of WI indentured
05 How many years of experience do you have?
* Required Question
Keywords: Government jobs, Milwaukee , Master Electrician, Professions , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!