Engineering Technician II
Posted on: January 27, 2023
22200BRService Line:GeotechnicalOffice Name:MilwaukeeJob
Description:General Responsibilities:Perform field and/or
laboratory testing, observation, and inspection of construction
materials (e.g. soils, aggregates, concrete, asphalt, and steel).
Communicate with project manager, engineering technicians, client
representative, contractors representative and others as applicable
regarding the construction site, project requirements, and testing,
observation, and inspection requirements and results. Transport
material samples with associated identifying documentation to the
laboratory for further testing and analysis. Tabulate, prepare, and
submit data and observation in the form of written and digital
reports as work is performed for daily transmittal to the Terracon
Project Manager. Maintain and clean equipment, vehicles and work
areas. May assist with scheduling and dispatch of Technicians to
project sites. Adhere to strict safety standards.Essential Roles
- Performs testing, observation, and inspection as directed in
accordance with training and the specified procedures.
- Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
- Performs basic analysis of data to verify accuracy before
communication and submittal to the Project Manager.
- Communicates information to Project Manager and other personnel
as directed by the PM.
- Assists higher level technicians on complex tasks.
- Maintains assigned equipment and related calibration.
- Follows safety rules and practices and other safety
requirements for all projects. Performs pre-task planning prior to
executing work. Report any safety issues or concerns to
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience or the equivalent in
training and related experience.
- Experience with laptop computer use and Microsoft Word and
- Valid drivers license with acceptable violation
- Certifications in one or more of the following areas:
- NICET Level II certification in Construction Materials Testing
in one or more of the following categories: Asphalt, Concrete,
- NICET Level II certification in Geotechnical in one or more of
the following categories: Construction, Laboratory, Exploration,
- ICC certification in one or more of the following categories:
Reinforced Concrete, Spray-applied Fireproofing, Structural
Masonry, Prestressed/Post-Tensioned Concrete, Structural Steel
Bolting, Structural Steel Welding.
- American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Associate Welding
- American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) Level II
certification in more than one of the following areas: Visual
Testing (VT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), Dye Penetrant Testing
(PT), Radiographic Testing (RT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT).
- Other national, regional, state, and local Materials related
certifications requiring experience and written examination will
also be considered if deemed appropriate by the Terracon Department
Title:Geotechnical Engineering Technician IIEmployment
Type:Regular, Full TimeCity, State (Office Location):Franklin,
WIAbout Terracon:Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned
consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients.
Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline
firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and
materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000
employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all
50 states. Terracons growth is due to valued employees exceeding
expectations in client service and growing their careers with new
and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.Terracons vision of
Together, we are best at people is demonstrated through our
excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility,
role and job status, we offer many programs including medical,
dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and
holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.EEO
Statement:Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified
minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be
considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any
applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color,
religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.Job
Keywords: Terracon, Milwaukee , Engineering Technician II, Professions , Franklin, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!