Power Utility Distribution Designer II
Company: Sigma Technologies, Ltd.
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Description:Power Utility Distribution Designer IIRemote:
Are you searching for a Company that not only challenges you but
also makes a real difference for millions of people? Sigma
employees work closely with our nation's utilities every day, doing
the field, drafting, and design work needed to build, maintain, and
improve the country's telecommunications and power networks.
If you want to work in a supportive team environment based on
strong values, apply with us!We offer our associates comprehensive
and affordable benefits to help them stay healthy, happy, and
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Depending on the plan the company may contribute up to 80% of
the plan premium
- 401(k) Plan with matching contributions up to 5% of salary
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Personal Time
- Education and Professional Licensing Assistance
ProgramsPosition Description:Designers perform power distribution
design functions for our customers. Designers will apply knowledge
of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in electrical
and/or civil engineering environments and will rely on standards,
instructions, and pre-established guidelines to perform the
functions of the job. Our Designers can perform various types of
power distribution design tasks related to end-to-end design,
make-ready design, joint use design, permitting, pole replacements,
- Executes work orders for the design of power distribution
infrastructure while meeting quality, time, and budget
- Performs 2-D Civil and/or Electrical type design in CAD (i.e.
- Interprets general designs, data, and notes and applies
established design guidelines, processes, and procedures
- Resolves problems encountered throughout the design
- Collaborates with others (managers, designers, field techs,
drafters, administration) to devise the best infrastructure
- Performs limited walkouts or kickoff/scope meetings within a
given project, program, or customer to assist in specific types of
route analysis, preparation of scope, and/or to assist in the
preparation of bid documentation
- Performs limited walkouts with contractors to review specific
types of completed construction within a given project, program, or
customer for accuracy and quality
- Performs research to identify pole ownership, right of way,
property rights, and permit requirements and communicates with
outside parties to obtain right-of-way approvals and easements
- Provides guidance to others for specific duties in software,
processes, and procedures
- Provides quality control reviewRequirements:
- Education: HS Diploma or equivalent is required. An Associate's
degree or higher is acceptable but not required. Management may
consider other combinations of education as needed.
- Experience: A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience in
the Electric utility industry is required. Management may consider
other combinations of experience as needed.
- Personal: Valid driver's license and insurance, willing to take
a background check/drug test/driving record check, authorized to
work in the United States
- CAD, MicroStation, or other related design program experience
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering schematics.
- Knowledge of power distribution system construction and
- Ability to learn and operate customer-based proprietary
- Computer literate - especially Microsoft Word, Excel,
- Willing to travel overnight during the week if needed (minimal
travel required)Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to endure frequent, lengthy periods of sedentary
work and sit for prolonged periods of time, including sitting at a
desk and driving in a vehicle.
- Must be able to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor,
and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
- Must have the physical ability to perform activities such as
preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing notes, and
viewing a computer terminal; these activities require close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must have the ability to give and receive detailed information
through oral and written communication.This job advertisement
should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to
identify the major responsibilities and requirements of a job. The
individual may be required to perform job-related responsibilities
and tasks other than those stated in this ad. This advertisement
does not constitute an employment agreement between Sigma and the
employee and is subject to change by Sigma as the needs of the
organization and/or the requirements of the function change.
Pay is commensurate with experience and education. Sigma is an
equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on an
employee's race, color, gender, sexual preference, gender identity,
age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, or any other classification protected by
Keywords: Sigma Technologies, Ltd., Milwaukee , Power Utility Distribution Designer II, Professions , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...