Senior Learning Design Consultant
Company: Northwestern Mutual
Posted on: September 18, 2023
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
ArSummary Design and develop curricula, learning pathways, and
programs to support the Underwriting operations workforce. Develop
stakeholder relationships and supports departmental learning
projects aimed to improve overall business performance. Primary
Duties and Responsibilities Strategic Alignment and Consulting
- Foster collaborative partnerships and build relationships with
UW operations teams and subject matter experts including
Underwriting Production, Field Interaction, and Standards
- Consult with department stakeholders on performance gaps and
identify targeted goals and learning solutions.
- Conduct needs analysis, determine learning objectives, and
recommend the most effective learning delivery mode(s) to close
knowledge and skill gaps.
- Help foster an organizational learning environment that is
aligned to departmental priorities where continuous improvement and
transfer of knowledge is part of everyday learning and development.
- Design curricula and large-scale programs that scaffold
learning for specific learner roles using a variety of
methodologies and learning formats.
- Work with SMEs to create instructional content and learning
assets (e.g., PowerPoint slides, facilitation notes, job aids,
instructional exercises, etc.) for instructor-led training,
eLearning, micro-learning, and case-based simulation formats.
- Ensure learning design decisions and instructional content is
well-documented for the project team.
- Develop metrics, assessment tools, and evaluation strategies to
measure the effectiveness of learning programs.
- Help conduct summative evaluations that determine the overall
effectiveness of learning programs and curricula. Analyze learner
outcomes and data. Develop recommendations for improvement of
- Work collaboratively across the department to develop knowledge
and skill frameworks for different job types. Program Management:
- Manage complex work and cross-functional teams, coordinate
resources, and monitor and manage project risks and
- Plan and effectively influence and negotiate project scope,
deliverables, and timelines. Monitor and adjust as needed
throughout the project. Other:
- Oversee and evaluate the work of outsourced consultants,
instructional designers, and facilitators.
- Coordinate interaction and work between the Underwriting
department and external learning vendors, as appropriate.
- Stay current on emerging technologies and best practices in the
field of learning and development.
- Research, recommend, and apply new instructional tools,
technological advancements and/or best practices in support of UW
Department strategy. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, adult education,
organizational development, communications, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of instructional design, development, and
evaluation experience, with demonstrated knowledge of principles,
practices and procedures of instructional design, adult learning
and building a range of learning solutions from simple to
- Experience using Articulate, Adobe Creative Cloud, and AI
- Proven track record in building relationships, managing
multiple stakeholders, and working effectively with technical
experts in the development of learning.
- Ability to be flexible and work swiftly in a fast-paced
- Competitive base pay
- Pension plan
- Educational assistance
- Performance based incentive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Caregiver time off
- ---.and more Compensation Range: Pay Range - Start: $66,850.00
Pay Range - End: $124,150.00 N ort hwester n Mutual pays on a
geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary
range for this position will be determined by a number of factors
including the skills, education, training, credentials and
experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the
cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At
Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be
hired at or near the top of the range for their role and
compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances
of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the
posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain
locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the
standard pay structure based on the location. Please click - for
additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our
client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now! We
are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or
status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic
protected by law. If you work or would be working in California,
Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate
location, please click for information pertaining to compensation
FIND YOUR FUTUREWe're excited about the potential people bring to
Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying
first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and
- Flexible work schedules
- Concierge service
- Comprehensive benefits
- Employee resource groupsPandoLogic. Keywords: Instructional
Design Consultant, Location: Franklin, WI - 53132
Keywords: Northwestern Mutual, Milwaukee , Senior Learning Design Consultant, Professions , Franklin, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!