Sr. Analytics Analyst
Company: Northwestern Mutual
Posted on: June 15, 2019
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We
invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.--
Synthesizes data from a wide range of internal/external sources to
design integrated datasets and provide insights into interrelated
business dynamics. Defines and implements research designs and
quantitative techniques utilizing a range of sophisticated
analytical tools. In this role, candidate will develop, analyze,
and reconcile key business metrics across systems and business
areas to ensure their consistent and reliable use, perform data
analysis and interpretation, and summarize analysis into
user-friendly deliverables by translating detailed technical data
into business-appropriate recommendations for improvements related
to strategic business goals. Additionally, candidate will utilize
programming and analytical skills to perform in-depth analytics and
modeling in support of projects, applying creative problem solving
to improve analytical capabilities over time. This role is on the
Digital Analytics & Research Team within the Data Science &
Analytics department (DSA), and will focus heavily on delivering
insights into the efficacy of client- and field-facing
- Analyzes data needs and identifies available internal and
external data sources.--
- Utilizes business and analytical data modeling skills to design
data integration and structure approaches.
- Utilizes programming skills to implement large, complex data
models by combining, synthesizing and structuring data from
databases, files and spreadsheets.
- Utilizes programming and analytical skills to perform in-depth
analytics with this data.
- Assures data consistency and reliability and performs quality
- Contributes to metadata and data dictionaries.
- Applies new perspectives, creative problem solving, and
inter-departmental networking to improving DSA analytical
capabilities over time.
- Utilizes analytical tools to perform quantitative analysis, and
identifies key insights to address specific business questions
while highlighting interesting findings and implications of
- Provides front-end analysis for further in-depth analytics and
modeling in support of projects.--
- Takes initiative to design and develop own deliverables based
on interpretation of findings and business client needs on a wide
range of analytical topics.--
- Summarizes analysis into user-friendly deliverables by
translating technical, detailed data into business-appropriate
communications and recommendations (including process change
recommendations). Reports analytical results and recommendations in
written, verbal and presentation form.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years experience/knowledge in business processes
to include research and data analysis, application of statistical
research techniques, report or application development.
- Expertise in several development or analytical tools such as
SAS, SQL, MS Excel, SPSS, SSAS, PowerBI, MSBI stack or other
- Proven excellence in problem solving, research, quantitative
analysis and analytical working techniques.
- Strong aptitude and desire for learning new platforms,
development, analytic and presentation tools, modeling, analytic
and quantitative techniques.
- Significant ability to develop and implement analysis
approaches in order to support the strategic initiatives of the
assigned business unit, corporate planning, customer/business units
and organization-wide strategic planning.
- Ability to generate new ideas and go beyond the status quo and
recognize the need for new or modified approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to gather information systematically,
consider a broad range of issues or factors, grasp complexities and
perceive relationships among problems or issues, and use accurate
logic in analysis.
- Initiative to independently design and develop own deliverables
while still being a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results and recommendations in
written, verbal, and presentation form at an appropriate level for
a business audience.
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- Additional educational background at graduate level and / or in
management science and engineering, operations research, industrial
engineering, or related field.
- Familiarity with Northwestern Mutual business area(s) and data
store(s) with a client, sales, product or field focus.--
- Systems implementation / consulting experience
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our
client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or
status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Req ID: 25325
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 05/22/2019
Keywords: Northwestern Mutual, Milwaukee , Sr. Analytics Analyst, Professions , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!