Senior Pre Sales Technical Architect
Posted on: February 16, 2020
AHEAD builds platforms for digital business. By weaving together
advances in cloud infrastructure, automation and analytics, and
software delivery, we help enterprises deliver on the promise of
digital transformation.Senior Pre Sales Technical ArchitectThe
Senior Pre Sales Technical Architect assists AHEAD Client Directors
through formal technical presentations and technical design
assistance of AHEAD's solution and service offerings to existing
and prospective clients. The Senior Pre Sales Technical Architect
owns all technical aspects of a sales campaign and hand off to the
consulting and services team; maintaining strong relationships with
our clients.In this role, you are a thought leader within the
Engineering organization, responsible for designing, architecting,
and, at times, consulting for AHEAD clients. We expect our Senior
Pre Sales Technical Architect to have deep knowledge across our
Enterprise Cloud Framework including Cloud Management and
Operations, Security, Datacenter Infrastructure and Public Cloud.
Your goal as a Senior Pre Sales Technical Architect should be to
build skills, relationships, and industry credibility across more
than one of these segments to drive product and services sales. You
will work in partnership with one or more Client Directors to help
build a cohesive account strategy for each existing and prospective
clients. As part of this strategy, you will help Client Directors
identify potential technologies and vendors to partner within a
given account and assist in driving this strategy throughout the
sales campaign.Time management and prioritization are essential
attributes of a successful Senior Pre Sales Technical Architect.
Your goal is to evolve into the technical thought leader for each
of your clients. In this capacity, you will work to define
strategy, compare and contrast alternative approaches, and build
key relationships, as well as size and configure products.
Positioning and leveraging Subject Matter Experts (Practice
Directors, Solution Principals, Specialists, Client Services, etc.)
is a necessity to scale your effectiveness within accounts. You
will also be expected to provide insight and details regarding work
effort and client engagement to enable tracking of key KPIs
throughout the year through tools that will be provided to
you.Education is critical to your success at AHEAD. You are
expected to continually educate not only yourself, but also our
clients and your team resources.Roles and Responsibilities
- Possess deep data center expertise (multiple layers of the
- Present at Technical Briefings and Lab Demonstrations with
clients and partners to showcase AHEAD's value.
- Considered a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one or many
technologies for the team to leverage.
- Recognized by the partner community to own technical sales
campaigns without their support.
- Qualify and position consulting engagements and services.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team resources in order to
enhance their solution knowledge, technical acumen, and pre-sales
- Qualify sales opportunities in the terms of client technical
requirements, decision making process and funding and decides if we
should move forward with the campaign.
- Understand and articulate AHEAD's Enterprise Cloud
- Prioritize opportunities and efforts assigned to the geography
based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and
- Drive engagement conversions to additional services /
- Provide feedback to improve internal efficiencies.
- Work with Practice Directors to provide input and suggestions
for new solutions and offerings.
- Present regularly at AHEAD events, user groups, conferences,
- Lead Solution Verification / BOM Review process for the
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or
- 2+ years Pre Sales and Data Center experience is required
- Professional communication, presentation, analytical, and
- Experience working as a technical lead in a pre-sales sales
- Extensive knowledge of one or more of the following data center
solutions: storage, networking, compute, virtualization, data
center management / automation, and security
- Ability to work under critical conditions and influence others
to achieve results
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent presentation
- Must be independent, self motivated, a self starter and possess
a good working attitude
- Able to work well within a team and partner environment
- Customer focused and results drivenWhy AHEAD:Transparent
managementWork alongside and collaborate with industry
expertsInvestment in training & developmentIncentives for
certificationsAbility to make an immediate impactUnlimited
Keywords: AHEAD, Milwaukee , Senior Pre Sales Technical Architect, Sales , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!