Specialty Markets Sales Support Consultant
Company: Northwestern Mutual
Posted on: January 16, 2022
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We care and make a positive
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides the highest level technical expertise, advice,
guidance and support to Financial Representatives working in the
corporate, bank, and/or large case markets.
- Drives with our CDX partners the design, implementation, and
enhancement of all systems that are used for the sales and service
of nonqualified benefit plans.
- Serves as a resource to other Home Office departments with
respect to sales and service of nonqualified and/or qualified plans
and life insurance in the corporate/bank market.
- Recognized as a functional/technical and product expert who
provides expertise and consultation to the Field and internal
- Provides sales support to the Field through case consultation
with Financial Representatives, their clients, or third party
advisors representing current or prospective Northwestern Mutual
- When requested, provides in depth and customized illustrations
through inquiry and evaluation of the prospect and case information
provided by the Financial Representatives.
- Provides in-depth market, product, and case knowledge and
expertise in a specialized field (e.g., accounting) critical to the
support of the executive benefit and large case.
- Consults with CDX to direct development, enhancements and
maintenance of NGIS/NM Executive Benefit Software system and, with
Advanced Markets Operations, the development, enhancement and
maintenance of service support systems.
- Acts as a liaison to New Business, Risk Selection Strategy and
Actuarial in negotiating underwriting requirements for large
non-qualified executive benefit cases.
- Participates in the design and implementation of training for
the Executive Benefit software system / NGIS and the Executive
Benefits Seminar, as well as product training. Teaches at the
Executive Benefits Seminar and other NM schools and seminars (e.g.,
the Business Markets School, Advanced Sales Presentation
- Keeps current on developments and legal regulations that may
affect the marketing, design, and sale of corporate and bank market
- Assists Advanced Planning and Marketing divisions in the
creation and maintenance of technical and point of sale materials
pertaining to nonqualified executive benefit plans.
- Be a consultant to other Home Office departments on special
projects and new products.
- In the VP's or Director's absence, represents Specialty Markets
- Assists in setting direction for project/support objectives
within the department.
- Conducts analysis to identify scope and nature of a
sophisticated business/system problem.
- Evaluates and selects potential development and enhancements
for new and/or existing systems and processes.
- Uses knowledge of Executive Benefits Software and system
software to assist IS in resolving complex technical environment
issues and in providing implementation support.
- Challenges the appropriateness of current processes and defines
benefits to improving the process.
- Negotiates and communicates with business clients and the field
to build consensus, sell ideas and influence change.
- Develops strong relationships with business clients to ensure
key communications are addressed and expectations are managed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Business preferred or an
equivalent combination of education and/or work experience
considered. Course work or experience in computer technology is
- Successful completion of Series 6 license is required. A CLU or
FLMI is highly desired.
- Minimum 8 years' experience / knowledge of business
operations/processes to include extensive experience in insurance
sales or its equivalent in a home office marketing area.
- Ability to independently lead all phases of a departmental
project and/or initiatives is required.
- Ability to anticipate future consequences and trends
accurately; ability to find solutions for problems that are not
well-defined; design thinking perspective.
- Ability to articulate and paint credible pictures and visions
of possibilities and likelihoods.
- Consistent track record of establishing and maintaining
cross-functional relationships while providing quality customer
service and support.
- Ability to build rapport with all levels of the company, field,
and/or outside clients through written and oral communications
- Ability to influence change with diplomacy; ability to drive
sales while handling risk.
- Ability to lead decision making process through idea sharing
and consensus building; strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, exercise judgment and discretion
when making final decisions.
- Strong analytical abilities in decision making and strong
This position has been classified as a Registered Representative
under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting.
Series 6 - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our
client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or
status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for
information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
Keywords: Northwestern Mutual, Milwaukee , Specialty Markets Sales Support Consultant, Sales , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!